Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What Inspires Me: Carole Midy Jewelry

I've been making jewelry off and on for the past 12 years (more off than on lately) and I plan to launch my jewelry line, Ar'Mour, (pronounced "armor") next year. I am also studying to be a shoe designer with the hopes of having my first shoe in production by the time I'm 40. So, I get inspired easily by other jewelry and shoe designers. Carole Midy is one of those jewelry designers.
The-mysterious-and-inspirational-jewelry-designer-Carole-Midy-worked-as-a-lawyer-before-becoming-a-jewelry-designer
Carole Midy was a trademark lawyer before she decided she was bored and needed to change her life. She stated, “I wanted to do something with my soul.” So she quit her job and enrolled at the French Institute of Gemology, where she earned her degree as a master jeweler (I'm so jealous!). The designer launched her line of baubles adorned with pastel moonstones, rich cabochons, carved onyx, and twists of silver and gold.
Carole-Midy-Buddha-rings-skull-rings-Buddha-earrings-skull-earrings-life-and-death-collection-in-gold-and-silver-with-amethyst-pale-moonstones-carved-onyx-cabachons
Carole-Midy-Buddha-rings-skull-rings-Buddha-earrings-skull-earrings-life-and-death-collection-in-gold-and-silver-with-amethyst-pale-moonstones-carved-onyx-cabachons
Carole-Midy-Buddha-rings-skull-rings-Buddha-earrings-skull-earrings-life-and-death-collection-in-gold-and-silver-with-amethyst-pale-moonstones-carved-onyx-cabachons
Carole-Midy-Buddha-rings-skull-rings-Buddha-earrings-skull-earrings-life-and-death-collection-in-gold-and-silver-with-amethyst-pale-moonstones-carved-onyx-cabachons
I find her jewels to be so magical and mysterious. The way the jewelry is adorned, it makes the pieces-which could come across as dark and Gothic-pretty and whimsical. The colors pop and grab my attention instantly.What makes this brand so intriguing to me is that it does not have a flagship store or website and barely has a social media presence. I found a company facebook page you can visit but that's about it. Pieces begin at $1,000 and go up to $15,000. If your interested in buying yourself a gem or two, you can email the company at: infocarolemidy@gckpartners.com. 
Carole-Midy-Buddha-rings-skull-rings-Buddha-earrings-skull-earrings-life-and-death-collection-in-gold-and-silver-with-amethyst-pale-moonstones-carved-onyx-cabachons
Carole-Midy-Buddha-rings-skull-rings-Buddha-earrings-skull-earrings-life-and-death-collection-in-gold-and-silver-with-amethyst-pale-moonstones-carved-onyx-cabachons
Carole-Midy-Buddha-rings-skull-rings-Buddha-earrings-skull-earrings-life-and-death-collection-in-gold-and-silver-with-amethyst-pale-moonstones-carved-onyx-cabachons
What inspires you? I would love to know, leave a comment and tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment